Welcome to Hak Ely's Wiki - where knowledge is kept and shared for our community. Through this tutorial, you should be able to contribute to the wiki in a basic way. For more advanced formatting and uses, consult the mediawiki.org help page.
How to use this tutorial
You need an account in order to follow this tutorial. If you don't have one, click here to request an account.
Once you have a User Account, make sure you are logged in.
The way that you should use most of this tutorial is clicking "Edit" at the top of your page (the pencil/wrench on mobile phones) and you can see how everything is created and hopefully use that knowledge on your own page. But first, we should learn how to create a new page (next section).
In the search bar at the top of your page (magnifying glass for mobile users), type some words and press enter. If your page does not exist, it will display a red link for you to click, which will bring you to the Page Creator. There you can add what you want, and click "Save" at the bottom.
You can edit any page by clicking "Edit" at the top of the page. Try this now, if you want. To get back to viewing the page, click the "View" button that is next to "Edit".
There is a toolbar that allows you to do easily add and format content on pages. You can find this toolbar at the top of the page editing area when you are in Edit Mode.
- This is a reference to google 
- This is a reference to google
- This is a reference to www.google.com
- This is a reference to an internal page: Python_101
- This is a reference to an internal page: PYTHON 1OH1 AHHHHHhhh!
Linking an Image
- Download the image
- In the sidebar, click "Upload File"
- Once you have your filename "Smiley.jpg" you can add it into your page by putting [[File:Smiley.jpg]] on your page. You can specify its width with [[File:Smiley.jpg|50px]]. Please try to always limit your linked images to no more than 300px to accommodate mobile screen sizes - thanks.
Below is an example of a linked image
Deleting a page
Accidentally overwrote something that you didn't mean to?
Go to Special:RecentChanges and click "diff" next to the change that you want to recover.